Who Is Walter Pless?


A teacher by profession, but is now in his 38th year as a football writer. Has written for "Soccer Action" (Melbourne), "Australian Soccer Weekly" (Sydney) and "World Soccer" (London), as well as for several Tasmanian newspapers. Currently contributing to "Goal!Weekly" in Melbourne and the Australian magazine "Soccer International". Played for Croatia-Glenorchy, Caledonians, Metro, Rapid and University in Tasmania, as well as in the United States of America. Coached University, Metro and Croatia-Glenorchy.

Who's Online

We have 141 guests and no members online


Photo:  Michael Roach, Nelson's technical director [PlessPix]

Nelson Eastern Suburbs FC will be holding their annual coaching seminar this weekend.

It will be held at Rosetta Primary School on Sunday, 22 January, from 9:30 am to 1pm.

The seminar will primarily focus on coaching methodology and the Nelson Eastern Suburbs FC playing system.


Photo:  Glenorchy Knights clear a Kingborough Lions corner [PlessPix]

Kingborough Lions United beat Glenorchy Knights 3-2 in a practice match at Prince of Wales Bay this afternoon.

The Lions were aggressive from the start and dictated play to lead 2-0 at half-time.


Photo:  Newcastle Jets are grounded in second-last spot on the A-League ladder [Photo of RAAF FA-18 Hornet by PlessPix]

(A-League, Ausgrid Stadium, Newcastle, Friday, 20 January 2012)

Newcastle Jets 0

Wellington Phoenix 1 (M Muscat 58)

HT: 0-0   Att: 11,649   Ref: J Gillett

Newcastle Jets: Kennedy  -  Zadkovich, Regan, Topor-Stanley, Byun  -  Kantarovski, Bridges (Abbas 75), Pepper (Wheelhouse 65)  -  Griffiths, Brockie, Elrich (Haliti 65)  (Sub not used:  Nash)

Wellington Phoenix: Paston  -  Muscat, Sigmund, Durante, Lochhead  -  Ward (Bertos 66), Brown, Smith, Sanchez (Downey 87)  -  Greenacre, Ifill (Daniel 90+2)  (Sub not used:  Warner)


Photo:  Taroona's Toby Dove and James Cherry combine to thwart Olympia's Ben Phillips [PlessPix]

Olympia Warriors beat Taroona 7-1 at Warrior Park tonight in the home side’s first pre-season friendly of the year.

The game was played in three 30-minute thirds and the scoreline could have been much closer if the League One visitors had taken their chances.